Comments and Supporters
The Birth Network of Santa Cruz County is a perfect example of consumers and professionals serving as agents of change for their communities. There is always an awesome power that surfaces when a group of individuals stand together for the greater good. In addition, by utilizing the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative (MFCI) they are combining their own power with the backing of sound scientific evidence and the support of the more than 90,000 birthing professionals across the country who also took a stand together for transforming childbirth in this country.
"I think CIMS is the most important childbirth initiative to come along in many years--the fact that CIMS is a coalition of every major alternative childbirth organization gives it a reach and a clout far beyond what any one organization can have. The work of CIMS is organized entirely around the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative (MFCI): 10 Steps to Mother-Friendly Hospitals, Birth Centers, and Home Birth Services. This clear focus enables CIMS members to work cohesively to promote concerted action towards the common goal of creating mother-friendly birth services in every American city."
- Gives a chance for families to gather info in a non-threatening environment.
- Learning about Birth Network.
- Making connections.
- Having great conversations with people!
- The positive energy.
- Getting comfortable with the topics.
- Great central place to meet people.
- Very informative, everyone was so helpful and nice.
- Especially before pregnancy or in very early pregnancy.
- Makes you aware of the community and a lot of resources.
- More information than I thought.
- Options, options, options
- Very informative, many options
- Fabulous info
- Offers great info
- Good info
- Great to talk to so many people in one place
- It would be cooler if there were more midwives
- You get to talk to lots of people about their experiences
- Helpful resource to get the thought process started
- Lots of info
- Wonderful support
- Great information
- Great info that's not in many books